If you would like to know more about attending one of our Stay and Play sessions in Mortlake, Hampton or Kingston, please call 020 8487 8500 to speak to one of our co-ordinators who will be glad to help.
Stay and Play:
In addition to support in the home, Home-Start Richmond, Kingston & Hounslow runs weekly, term-time Stay and Play session in Mortlake, Hampton and Kingston. The aim is to provide parents and children with a safe, nurturing and creative environment that will foster children’s development and confidence through playing, exploring and experimenting.
Experienced staff members are available to answer questions around child development and accessing other services. A healthy snack is provided.
Who can come to the Stay and Play Session? Parents wishing to join should speak to their local Children’s Centre or call Home-Start Richmond, Kingston & Hounslow on 020 8487 8500. Please note: parents are responsible for their children at all times. The group is not intended as a drop-off facility for childcare and is aimed at parents, rather than nannies and childminders.
What happens at the Stay and Play Session?
- a selection of activities which may include painting, drawing, puzzle, craft, construction, small world toys, outside play equipment, story time, musical activities, role play
- child-centred activities that focus on developing each child, physically, mentally, socially and emotionally
- time to discuss concerns with the Co-ordinator
- a chance to develop friendships outside the family
- access to information on a wide variety of topics such as parenting skills, healthy eating, learning opportunities, stress management techniques
- an opportunity to play with their children
Where and when?
- Kingston: Every Monday in term-time, 1.00 – 2.30pm
- Mortlake: Every Tuesday in term-time, 10.00am – 11.30am
- Hampton: Every Tuesday in term-time, 1.00 – 3.00pm
If you would like to know more about attending one of our Stay and Play sessions in Mortlake, Hampton or Kingston, please call 020 8487 8500 to speak to one of our Co-ordinators who will be glad to help.