To help fill the substantial fundraising gap Covid brings, we invite you to join our 25 Ways for 25 Years challenge.
To celebrate our 25th anniversary this year, we’ve created a list of fundraising ideas (sponsored activities and donation-led virtual events) that can be easily completed at social distance.
Some are perfect for children to get involved with, especially during the forthcoming half term. You may even have your own ideas.
- Cut short or shave off lockdown hair.
- Temporarily spray your hair in Home-Start colours.
- Bake sale and deliver to the door.
- Virtual coffee morning or afternoon tea.
- Dog walking – take other people’s dogs for a walk and donate funds raised.
- Sponsored walk or run 25 miles / km in 25 days.
- Give your vice up for 25 days (or longer).
- Virtual kids Halloween disco.
- Virtual quiz or bingo.
- Sponsored silence for 25 seconds, minutes or even hours.
- Unwanted items sale including clothing, books, DVDs, CDs and home ware.
- Virtual book club or book swap.
- Virtual brunch, dinner or drinks party.
- Movie night with your friends on Netflix Party – you could ask them to donate the price of a cinema ticket.
- Cycle 25 miles / km in 25 days.
- Sponsored litter pick-up.
- Office, street or friends relay – door to door or around a common / park.
- £1 a week in a jar – ask fitness classes, friends and family to join in.
- Sponsored 25 dares in 25 days. Ask your family and friends to make up your list of dares.
- Craft making – sell your creations or hold a virtual workshop.
- Birthday fundraiser – suggest donations instead of a present.
- Virtual gig – If you or somebody you know has a musical talent, arrange an online session through Facebook or Instagram live.
- Fill a jar with loose change or with the money saved working from home.
- Ask your local (or child’s) school to dedicate a day of donations to us. Children could go into school wearing Home-Start coloured accessories and give a £1 donation.
- Speak to your employer. Do they offer a donations match-funding scheme?
We’d love to hear from you and can help with your fundraising by providing tool kits and branded items.
Any funds raised will be used to support our Big Give Christmas Challenge (1 – 8 December). Meaning all donations made during this week will be DOUBLED!
If you have any questions please get in touch: email@example.com
Thank you for support.