In time for next week, Half Term Hygge for Home-Start, is an activity that involves all of the family (or perhaps amongst the school holiday madness you’d welcome some alone time!).
So, what is hygge?
Hygge (pronounced hue-gae, we think!) is a Danish word used to acknowledge a feeling or a moment. It’s a celebration of mindfulness and togetherness!
Whether with family and friends or alone, at home or out, it’s all about being fully present in the everyday, igniting your senses and enjoying that moment e.g. making the morning coffee or breakfast, baking and craft time, reading a book, lighting a candle at dinner, or simply going for a walk.
How can I support the campaign and help raise awareness?
- Take a photo of your hygge moment (it doesn’t need to be picture perfect!).
- Share the photo on any of your social media accounts i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
- Use the hashtag #hyggeforHomeStartRKH and tag us in the photo.
- Tag a friend(s) and ask them to do the same.
- If you would like to, make a donation to us via Virgin Money Giving or Just Text Giving by texting HSRT17 to 70070.
Thank you as always for your help and support. We can’t wait to see your photos…
Happy half term!